Callaway Resort & Gardens, Sip & Savor Spring
by Jan Gourley, firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 843.812.5802
Sip & Savor Spring will take place throughout Callaway Resort & Gardens, March 15 – 18, 2018 with culinary, wine, beer and spirit tasting experiences.
Pine Mountain, GA (November 15, 2017) – Advance discount tickets are on sale now for the inaugural, Sip & Savor Spring, a four-day food and drink festival, taking place March 15 – 18, 2018, presented by Callaway Resort & Gardens. Several of the events and 100% of the live and silent auction proceeds from the festival, will benefit the Ida Cason Callaway Foundation (ICCF), a non-profit 501-(c)3 organization. Callaway Gardens is made possible by the ICCF. The Ida Cason Callaway Foundation relies on membership, donations, and support of its programs, events and fundraising activities to sustain. The Sip and Savor Spring event will generously support the Ida Cason Callaway Foundation’s mission to connect man and nature in a way that benefits both. All future improvements to the gardens will be made possible by the generous support of ICCF.
This spring, The Lodge, and Spa at Callaway Resort & Gardens will be showcasing its latest renovations, along with its world-famous azalea gardens, and more than 20,000 fresh spring blooms of dogwoods, crab apples, daffodils, tulips – during Sip & Savor Spring, the resort’s newest signature, culinary event. Callaway Resort & Gardens is branding itself as the official sponsor of spring!
Sip & Savor Spring will be a quintessential spring celebration, featuring signature dinners, master classes and several al frescos tasting events on the beach and under the Big Top, highlighting the area’s finest culinary, wine, craft beer, spirits, artisans, music and more. Over 50 of the south’s leading local and award-winning chefs, cookbook authors, wine makers and more are scheduled to appear. A James Beard Foundation Celebrity Chef Tour Dinner is scheduled to kick-off Sip & Savor Spring festivities on Thursday, March 15, 2018. The Tastings Under the Big Top event on Saturday, March 17, 2018, will feature a Georgia Grown Market with some of Georgia’s finest homegrown and home-made products, farmers and artisans.
There are limited advance discount tickets available for most events through November 30, 2017, here. Events and schedule:
• Thursday, March 15, 2018 – James Beard Foundation, Celebrity Chef Tour Dinner
6 pm, Callaway Resort & Gardens Conference Center
A six-course, wine-paired dinner with celebrity guest chefs hosted by the resort’s culinary team. This night to remember will feature special guests including, James Beard Foundation award-winning or nominated chefs and authors, television chef personalities, wine makers, winery owners, hoteliers and more.
• Friday, March 16, 2018: Bloom Master Class Series, various locations at Callaway Resort & Gardens – Day Class Pass available
Class 1: Butterflies & Brews, 11:00 am to 12:30 pm; Day Butterfly Center. Learn how to create a butterfly garden from Master Gardeners, with a guest chef cooking demo, while sampling a variety of Georgia’s best craft brews.
Class 2: Cooking with Herbs and Edible Flowers, 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm; Virginia Hand Callaway Discovery Center. An esteemed panel of celebrity chefs, Master Gardeners, and award-winning authors will steer you through the art of growing, sourcing and cooking with edible flowers, herbs and more – taste some gourmet samples made with herbs and edible flowers, paired with wines.
Class 3: Biscuits 101 & Bourbon, 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm; Virginia Hand Callaway Discovery Center. Our celebrity guest chef will guide you through the art of making Southern biscuits and then pair the creations with a perfect bourbon.
• Friday, March 16, 2018: Sip & Savor – Ski Pavilion on the beach, 7 – 9 pm. A waterfront and interactive tastings with beer, wines spirits, gourmet sweet and savory tasting bites, music and more on the beach and under the pavilion. Local well-known celebrity guest chefs will be featured and a live auction with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the Ida Cason Callaway Foundation.
• Saturday, March 17, 2018: Waffle House Showdown, presented by Waffle House, Beach Pavilion, 10:30 am – 12:30 pm. Watch chefs compete for the title of “Waffle House Master” in a fun and lively competition with Bloody Mary bar, signature cocktails, waffles and bacon bar and more. 100% of the proceeds benefiting the Ida Cason Callaway Foundation.
• Saturday, March 17, 2018: Tastings Under the Big Top, FSU High Flying Circus Tent, 1:00 – 4:30 pm. The main event with music, food, and beverages under the FSU High Flying Circus Tent and surrounding grounds. This is the event you won’t want to miss! Featuring hundreds of beverage tastings, culinary bites from local restaurants and chefs from around the southeast. Enjoy celebrity chef demonstrations, cookbook authors, and other interactive show-casings. In addition, some of Georgia’s best homegrown products will be available in the Georgia Grown Market, along with gourmet foods and crafts.
• Sunday, March 18, 2018: Longleaf Brunch – 12:30 – 3:30 pm, presented by Callaway Resort & Gardens. The festival finale is a brunch of delightful culinary stations from the resort’s culinary team. Many exceptional beverage tastings are included in the brunch – showcasing signature cocktails, a variety of wine, spirits, beer, Bloody Mary bar, Champagne, and mimosas.
Sip & Savor Spring will take place throughout Callaway Resort & Gardens, March 15 – 18, 2018 with culinary, wine, beer and spirit tasting experiences. The most up to date festival information is available on the website: sipandsavorspring.com Instagram: www.instagram.com/sipandsavorspring/
by Jan Gourley, email@example.com Cell: 843.812.5802